Tuesday, November 15, 2011

FINALLY!!

The news I have been waiting for! I got a call today from human resources in the district I am student teaching in offering me a position as a middle school Special Ed. teacher! I am going to sign my contract tomorrow and will start as soon as I am finished student teaching. I am so excited to finally have my own room, my own students, and be a "real" teacher! I have not observed the class yet but I am told they are all on alternate state assessment and will be served mainly in my room and then go with regular ed. to specials like art, music, lunch, etc. It sounds like exactly what I was hoping for and I can't wait to spend winter break setting up my room and getting everything ready. I am a little nervous about starting in the middle of a school year but I am sure it will turn out ok.. Whew! Feeling super excited/nervous/relieved.


1 comment:

  1. woohoo!

    Congrats girl! Can't wait to see the setup of the classroom, I just did that last year, shoot me an email or comment if you need any help or advice!

    ReplyDelete