Monday, November 21, 2011

Work Task Boxes

So while I have been patiently awaiting moving to my own classroom (Dec. 12th!!) I have been working on setting up a work task/ organization system for the classroom I am in now. Work boxes are used a lot in our district but previously had not been utilized in this classroom because many of the pre-made tasks were too difficult for our students. We had to come up with some very simple tasks that our students would be able to do independently. Here are some pictures of the system I put in place:

Shelves Designated for work boxes

Clear boxes so students can see what's inside

Icons located in the student's schedule match with icons velcroed to work boxes

One of the easier work tasks, the student simply puts the block into the hole (fine motor)

One of the more complex tasks, students must locate correct lids and put them on the corresponding container 

This is an eye-gaze board used with one of our low-motor students to select his choice by looking in the direction of his choice in one of the corners. 

I will keep you all updated with the status of my future classroom, can't wait to develop some systems that will work with my own students!! 


1 comment:

  1. I love your work tasks! I'm your newest follower. I am an elementary special education teacher. My blog is set up similar to yours. I hope you get a chance to visit my blog! The Adventures of Room 83


    Do you sell on TeachersPayTeachers? You should! Sign up through me at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Signup/referral:meltoth2310

    If you do have a store, send me the link! I'd love to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete