Monday, November 7, 2011

Exciting Times!

I mentioned in my previous post about the two jobs I applied for. Well the elementary position was filled but I have an interview on Thursday with the principal for the middle school position. The only way I would be able to get it is if I start out as a long-term sub until my certification goes through. (they said it could take up to 8 weeks!) Anyways he said I need to come prepared with a general lesson that I would teach all of my students. The class is all "alternate assessment" kiddos so he said focus on functional. I was thinking about taking a visual schedule I have constructed and maybe adding some sort of time component down the side next to the icons. I can then explain the variety of ways I can teach my students to follow their schedule, use it to teach time, etc. I think it could be used  in teaching time management, sequencing, matching, job readiness, and increasing independence. What do you think? Any comments or suggestions? I am eager to hear any advice, this is my first interview!!

No comments:

Post a Comment