Saturday, October 15, 2011

High School

Well, I have just finished my first half of student teaching in elementary. I loved my class, 6 kids K-6th grade all with severe cognitive and multiple physical disabilities. I think what I enjoy best about teaching  these kiddos is the chance for collaboration between P.T., O.T., Speech, Nurses, Paraprofessionals, teachers, and parents. I really felt a sense of team teaching in that room which I love! I will try to figure out how to post pictures of a few activities we did during my time there asap. (Still learning this blog thing!) Now that I have completed my elementary level assignment, I am moving to the high school on Monday. I am excited for this transition and a little nervous. From a logistics standpoint, the kids are just bigger and I am still getting the hang of proper lifting/changing etc. I am sure I will end up enjoying these students just as much as my first group! My main challenge I feel at this level will be creating interactive activities that are developmentally appropriate for my students while still being "age appropriate" (not "little kid-ish"). I will be scouring many other blogs for ideas!
Keep following to see how high school turns out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment