Thursday, October 13, 2011

Very First Post!

Hi everyone/anyone!! This is my very first post on my very first blog. Now that I have made it clear that I am a newbie to this...please forgive me as I navigate the design aspect of this blog. I hope I can figure out how to make it as cute as some of the other classroom blogs I follow! Let's see, I am currently student teaching in Special Ed. in a self-contained room for students with severe and multiple disabilities. I love the kiddos I work with and I hope to have a classroom similar to this of my own someday. That brings me to my next tidbit, I graduate in December and will begin working on my Master's in Autism Spectrum Disorders. I will also start the search for my first teaching job which I hope to be posting about sometime this coming fall. In the midst of all of this, I am recently engaged, planning a wedding, moved to a new city, and am living with my future mother-in-law and my two pugs :) My life is crazy right now but I am so excited to begin my career and finally become a Special Education teacher!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like my life about a year or so ago!!! Wedding planning, I was starting my first year teaching and I had just left my pug with my mom 4 hours away! New city, new job! Totally feel ya!!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please tell me it gets easier!! I love student teaching and the kids I work with but I just want to have my own room where I can make everything consistant, planned, and organized :)Thanks for looking at my blog, its kind of a new experience for me and I am limited since I don't have "my own" room yet. I do follow yours regularly and it's full of really great ideas!

    ReplyDelete